Empowering the choice to feel contentment
Tuesday MARCH 9, 2021
Did You Know?
- Some people can be addicted to gambling
- About 3 out of 100 people have gambling problems
- Gambling problems often go undetected
- Recovery from gambling problems is possible
The Evolution Group, Inc. invites all clients, community members to participate in screening on Tuesday March 9th using a short, 3-item screener.
Call 505-242-6988 ext. 129 to participate or to take the screen online click here.
Called by many names; gambling disorder, compulsive gambling, problem gambling, gambling addiction, or pathological gambling; it’s not just about losing money.
Gambling problems causes heartbreak and can affect a person’s whole life, threaten their relationship, put family members at risk, jeopardize a career, and even limit your desire to live or not.
If you or someone you love feels out of control with gambling you and your loved ones can get the help you need here at The Evolution Group with over 12 therapists on our staff who are certified by the National Council on Problem Gambling as treatment experts, ready to help you work out a way to manage you urge to gamble and get your life back to a sense of integrity, wholeness, peace, and happiness.
Call us at 505-242-6988 X129, or
Why gambling problem might develop
- Part of the cause may be heredity
- An addiction to something else has been present prior to this
- Some people develop problems believing they can win back money they have lost, or because they like to be “in the action.”
- Others have many life stresses that make gambling a way to escape for a welcomed relief.
Gambling is a problem when it:
- Gets in the way of work, school or other activities
- Harms mental or physical health
- Does damage financially
- Damages a person’s reputation
- Causes problems with a partner, family, or friends.
The Compulsive Gambling Treatment Center offers 2 levels of counseling intervention for problem gambling.
The Compulsive Gambling Treatment Program
The Compulsive Gambling Treatment Program is a variable, needs-based recovery program that can be individually designed with a treatment team to best suit your needs. Available options include a tailored outpatient treatment program with an option to participate in our intensive outpatient treatment program, if advised by staff. The Compulsive Gambling Treatment Program includes recovery-focused activities, individual, group, and family/couples therapy modalities, and 12-step recovery in order to develop long-term support and solutions.
Getting back to your true self is only a call away.
Call us today and take your first step.
505-242-6988 Ext. 129