Learning to restore peace
We all know what anxiety feels like. Our hearts pound, we get butterflies in our stomachs, we worry and fret, or feel jittery. However, if worries and fears are preventing you from living your life the way you’d like, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.
The Mood Disorders Clinic teaches many strategies that can help you reduce your anxiety symptoms and take back control of your life. The Mood Disorders Clinic is proven, effective, and affordable. Call ext. 112 to make an appointment or to find out more. We also have a Psychiatrist on staff when medication is needed.
We will see you for an initial intake, make sure that your treatment plan is properly tailored to your needs, and refer you to the clinic. Individual counseling is also available. Results are monitored every week. Most clients notice gradual improvement every week and in most cases anxiety is reduced or eliminated in 30-90 days.
Call us at 505-242-6988, or
Understanding Anxiety Disorders
To worry and feel tense or scared when under pressure or facing a stressful situation is normal. Anxiety is the body’s natural response to perceived dangers. It is a built in warning system that readies us when we perceive threats or feel threatened.
Although it may be unpleasant, anxiety isn’t always a bad thing. Anxiety can help us stay alert and focused, call us to action, and motivate us to solve problems. But when anxiety is constant or overwhelming, when it interferes with functioning in our life-that’s when it is more likely a disorder that requires treatment.
Do You Have An Anxiety Disorder?
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions,
you may have an anxiety disorder.
- Are you plagued by fears that you know are irrational, but can’t shake?
- Does anxiety interfere with your work, school, or family responsibilities?
- Are you constantly tense, worried, or on edge?
- Do you often believe that something bad is about to happen or will happen if things aren’t done a certain way?
- Do you avoid everyday situations or activities because they make you anxious?
- Do you experience sudden, unexpected attacks of heart-pounding panic?
- Do you feel like danger and catastrophe are around every corner?
Getting back to your true self is only a call away.
Call us at
505-242-6988 Ext. 129
and take your first step.