Rediscovering your joy
Depression is known as the common cold of mental health. People are affected in different ways by depression. Some people have trouble sleeping, they lose weight, and they generally feel agitated and irritable. Others may sleep and eat too much and continuously feel worthless and guilty. Still others can function reasonably well at work and put a happy face on in front of others, while deep down they feel quite isolated and morose.
In addition they will have other physical and mental symptoms that may include fatigue, difficulty with concentration and memory, feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, headaches, body aches, and thoughts of suicide.
Call us at 505-242-6988, or
Symptoms of Depression
Symptoms that people have when they’re depressed can include:
- Depressed mood or sadness most of the time (for what may seem like no reason)
- Lack of energy and feeling tired all the time
- Inability to enjoy things that used to bring pleasure
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Irritability, anger, or anxiety
- Inability to concentrate
- Significant weight loss or gain
- Significant change in sleep patterns (inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or get up in the morning)
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Ache and pains (with no known medical cause)
- Pessimism and indifference (not caring about anything in the present or future)
- Thoughts of death or suicide
When someone has five or more of these symptoms most of the time for two weeks or longer, that person is probably depressed.
Mood Disorders Clinic
At the Mood Disorders Clinic we take a practical approach with depression. We know that when a client is coming in for an initial assessment for depression that they are suffering. We work carefully to create an individualized treatment approach (plan) that will help you reduce symptoms of depression quickly. We may refer you to our in house Physician or to your primary care physician for a medication consult if we the think it is appropriate and if you are in agreement. We will get you started in The Mood Disorder Clinic as quickly as possible.
We will see you for an initial intake, make sure that your treatment plan is properly tailored to your needs, and refer you to the clinic.
Results are monitored every week. Most clients notice gradual improvement every week and in most cases anxiety is reduced or eliminated in 30-90 days.
Getting back to your true self is only a call away.
Call us at
and take your first step.